ISBN: 0-9680571-0-1. Fourth Printing 1997. Softcover. 99 pages. Dimensions: 8.25” x 5.25” x .25”. Multiple pencil drawings.
(From the back cover: The Hunters Tip Book is the result of Bob Marchand’s many years of experience in the outdoors. The information contained within has also been accumulated from his association in the field with Canadian guides, outfitters, bush pilots, experienced gun and bowhunting education instructors.
These tips are trail tested and have been proven to work. Use them accordingly and they will work for you as well.
This book will give you, the outdoor enthusiast, the optimum information in the shortest time, allowing you more time to hunt, fish, and spend with your family.
This is a no nonsense book that no hunter should be without.
Table of Contents
Moose Hunting Tips
- Hunting from a canoe, Hunting cow moose, Type of firearm, Fooling the bull, Approaching a moose, Best hunting times
Black Bear Tips
- Best direction of approach, Measuring the skull, Determining a bears sex, Baiting bear, Prime hunting times
Black Bear Info
Whitetail Hunting Tips
- Hunting by the moon phases, Taking out your doe, Baiting deer, Picking the ambush spot, Setting up your buck, Using cover scent
- Sucking up your foam, Keeping flies and mice away, Cooking in the ground, Building a portable sauna, bear alarm
- Looking for food, Treating scurvy, Getting your game, When your plane crashes, Fly proofing yourself
General Hunting Tips
- Transporting your meat, Cooling your meat, making a deer call, Scent proofing yourself, Cleaning your grouse, Shooting your billie
- Saving your feathers, Jumping the string, Utilizing aerial photos, Picking a broadhead, Making your hit, Treestand tips
- Preserving your hide, Caring for your trophy’s head, Cheap mans trophy
Cleaning Game Animals
- Big game animals, cleaning rabbits, cleaning ducks
Wild and Crazy Recipes
- Tongue, cougar and lynx, moose, nose, beaver, beaver tail, muskrat, crow, bear, ground hog and porcupine